Recently, one of our home group leaders sent an email to his group. It gives a good snapshot of why home groups are such an important priority for us at SGC. You'll notice the mention of various people serving one another, the logistics they took care of, and the intentionality of the leader to make God a greater part of their lives. At one level an email like this can feel routine and forgettable, but on another it reflects a web of relationships channeled for the glory of God.
If you haven't visited one of our home groups, go here to get more information. Here's the email:
We will be meeting at 7:30pm at the G's home. Serving us in childcare are Lisa and A__. The B's will be bringing upstairs snacks and Lisa will be bringing downstairs snacks. Lisa has put together the childcare/snack schedule for the rest of the year and it is available at ___________. If you aren't able to do when you are on the schedule, please find someone to swap with.
Lisa found an article for me by Don Whitney that talks about considering our ways and has 10 questions to ask at the start of a new year. (Article link: http://www.christianity.com/christian-life/spiritual-growth/ten-questions-to-ask-at-the-start-of-a-new-year-11643580.html)
- What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in 10 years? In eternity?
Please give this some thought before coming. You can choose the one you want to talk about. If you don’t have a favorite, I’ll have a 10-sided die available you can roll to pick for you. :-)
We are looking forward to seeing everyone!