A vital part of our church mission includes a life of discipleship and service enjoyed together. When we grow as Christ’s disciples, we exercise the gifts He’s given us, and Christian ministry is produced. In that way, every one of us has a place of ministry that God is calling us to embrace.
Do you wonder what your gifts are? Do you struggle to find areas where you can exercise your gifts? Do you wish you could find other ladies with similar interests to serve? If “yes”, then you will be excited for what God has in store for our women’s ministry this fall (2013).
A Community of Care with a Heart to Serve
is a program tailored to women who want to try unique, practical areas of service at Sovereign Grace Church without the demand of a long-term commitment. It consists of a collection of small group service projects where women join together in fellowship to serve others in practical ways. The benefits of these groups include:
- Unique opportunities to serve with other ladies you might not know.
- Distinct service opportunities to help gauge your interest and test your gifting.
- Single events help to confirm if a particular kind of service is for you.
- Variety of choices of service to fit many needs.
- A seedbed of potential future service ministries that go beyond ladies ministry.
- More opportunities to glorify God with the gifts He has given.
How Will A Community of Care with a Heart to Serve Work?
A Community of Care with a Heart to Serve is a series of one-time, small group service projects taking place this fall. Service is divided into broad categories (see below), where individual small groups of women will be deployed in meeting particular service needs. A small group sets its own schedule to meet the needs of those they serve.
What Types of Service Will A Community of Care with a Heart to Serve Include?
- Help for the Hurting - As followers of Christ, we count others as more significant than ourselves and look out for their interests. (Phil 2:1-4) Ladies who select this group will serve by bringing sisterly love and encouragement to other women who are hurting or have particular needs.
- Serving and Encouraging New Mothers - Scripture commends us to come alongside those who are new mothers (Titus 2:3-4). Ladies who select this group will serve with encouragement and practical care for mothers (or expecting mothers) in the church.
- A Community in Need - We live in a community with enormous practical and spiritual needs, and we have the honor of serving in ways where God receives the glory (Matt 5:16). Ladies who select this group will participate in projects to support women through organizations such as A Hand of Hope, Western Wake Crisis Ministries, Christian Community in Action (Dorcas Ministries), With Love from Jesus, and others.
- Care for the Caregiver - God stirs compassion in the hearts of saints to care for those whose limitations of illness or age (or their caretakers) make regular fellowship in the church practically impossible. He equips each us to serve one another with distinct gifts so that the church is built up and He is glorified (1 Peter 4:10-11). Ladies who select this group will visit, serve, and encourage those who live daily with these kinds of God-given limitations.
How Do I Sign Up?
Please complete our Registration Form to signup for the group where God is drawing you to serve.