Taekwondo Student Etiquette
As martial artists, we are training to honor Christ with Excellence. For this reason we also honor each other with respect.
Students are expected follow the rules of etiquette & proper care of your uniform.
- It is good practice and etiquette not to wear your uniform (dobok) outside of the dojang/school.
- Uniforms should not be worn at non-TKD events.
- Uniforms should be cleaned and pressed for tournaments, demonstrations & seminars.
- Respect your belt (rank) and do not toss it onto the floor.
- TKD uniforms should be worn to class with a white t-shirt or shirt that matches your belt color.
- Jewelry is not permitted except a flat wedding band or newly pierced earrings.
- Shoes are not permitted in classes, sparring or testings.
- No gum / candy allowed during class.
- Long hair should be pulled back and kept out of your face.
- Fingernails should be shortly trimmed.
- Open Door Taekwondo follows traditional Taekwondo Customs and Courtesies.
- Class time is for the entire hour. If you have to leave class early, notify the instructor prior to class.
- If you are injured during class, bow out appropriately.
- Bathroom and water breaks are given by permission from the instructor. Children should use the bathroom before class.
- Parents & Students, please do not go in and out of class as it is distracting to students and instructors.
- Weapons are not permitted on site for gup rank students without prior approval from the school master(s).